Sunday 29 May 2011

June is nearly upon us.

Well its time to bite the bullet and decide whats next on my "get it finished" hitlist. Two reasons really, one, my stated intention of getting something done every month and two, I made the mistake of going to my not so local gaming club with Mexcian Dave last night. Why was that a mistake? Well apart from seeing the Battle of the Five Armies game in full swing (fully painted), nice looking game by the way guys! I also happened upon a game of Napoleonicmaster, thats 10mm Napoleonics played with a Warmaster Ancients variant for the uninitiated. It looked to be playing well plus with the extra room that 10mm brings to the table it looked like a Napoleonic game, line were forming, columns looked like coloumns, etc. No offence to 28mm Nappy gamers but it all looks like a glorifed skirmish in that scale, just like Warhammer, its not the frontage that looks wrong but the depth, lines look short and thick etc.

So, in short, if youve been following this blog for any length of time you'll know that I have the attention span of a goldfish and that I suffer (heavily) from the "Ohh, Shiny!!!" syndrome, so theres an order being prepared for some nice 10mm Pendraken Napoleonics. This of course means I have to get a move on and clear a drawer for them arriving. Looking at the mass of drawers and picking what I really want/need to get done, June's project to get finished is my 10mm Punic Warmaster army. Only 4 units from completion (and have been for months) I'll keep you updated with progress, at least until something else shiny grabs my attention.

3 comments:

  1. I knew it would only be a matter of time......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's silly but its such a herd thing to do, get an army complete, I've got loads of periods and not one of them is complete, I've really gotta sort it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dave, well, who can resist the pretty uniforms and with the new Pendraken sculpts, I just knew resistance is futile.

    @Ray, yeah its very hard Ray, I think it must be the "Oh, shiny!!" demon that lives within us all. I often find myself reaching for something unrelated even when trying to get stuff finished for my next game.

    ReplyDelete