Saturday 23 April 2011

Oh Dear!!!!!!!!!

Well last night I was chatting to Mexican Dave on the phone, rabbiting on about the tournament we're off to see tomorrow, and well, he just had to do it, he mentioned his new ruleset, Force on Force. You can see his ramblings on this book here : http://weemenunderthebed.blogspot.com/ well I wasn't really listening too hard until he mentioned WW2 scenarios, call me a sucker if you like but WW2 has always and probably always will be my favourite period, probably because I grew up on a diet of WW2 films. Because Dave now has his printed copy I've fallen heir to his PDF copy, so like a fool I started reading it, thats always fatal with me. So I've had a look at the lists and had a rake in my infamous cupboard, and I reckon I have plenty of figures (20mm ish Valiants) to do both a British and a German platoon, not only that but I found some tankys as well, 6 Tigers, 2 Pz IIIs, 2 Shermans, 2 Fireflys and 2 M3 Halftracks. Oh no, the agony, another pile to be painted up, but at least at first glance it looks like nothing to be bought, yeah right like thats ever gonna happen. Prepare to be inundated with piccies of 20mm WW2 goodness.

3 comments:

  1. I thought the new rules left out the WW2 rules that appeared in the original Ambush Alley version?

    6 Tigers?? You sound like another gamer I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them as Corgi pre-paints at £2 a time, couldnt resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno about the book Dave but theres loads of WW2 material in the PDF

    ReplyDelete